Scientists have learned a great deal about COVID-19 since the pandemic began. Today, we are all informed enough to recognize the best practices to minimize the spread of the virus and keep our employees and visitors as safe as possible. Namely, facility managers, HR executives and security coordinators know that they should:
- Prevent entry to anyone who is showing symptoms of the virus
- Encourage social distancing in the workplace
- Minimize the airborne transmission of the virus via droplets by using masks, avoiding confined spaces and adding sneeze guards
- Reduce the number of surfaces people touch by providing contactless options wherever possible
The rules are simple, but following them can be challenging without the right products and procedures. Fortunately, there are many products that will help your employees, customers and others feel comfortable and confident when working, shopping or visiting your facility. Here are a few, available from ID Shop:
COVID-19 Safety Products
You can rely on ID Shop to be your source for a complete selection of health and safety items and solutions, including:
- Temperature-screening kiosks: Also called “temperature verification kiosks,” these devices help you identify those with elevated temperatures — a common symptom of COVID-19. Denying entry to people with a fever will not only minimize transmission, it will also let the individual know that they should seek medical attention and/or testing.
- Social distancing floor decals: Maintaining six feet of separation between workers, visitors and others is one of the best-recognized practices for minimizing the spread of the virus. The best way to communicate this is with social distancing floor decals positioned at appropriate intervals throughout your facility. While effective, suspending social distancing signage from ceilings or mounting it on walls is not always practical. By securely adhering to cement, laminate, tile, wood and other floorings, social distancing floor decals are an ideal solution.
- Sneeze guards: Made of glass or clear plastic (acrylic, Plexiglas, polycarbonate or polyester), sneeze guards reduce the transmission of COVID-19 from airborne droplets. Also referred to as desk shields, sneeze shields and splash guards, these transparent safety fixtures come in many shapes, sizes and types, such as countertop, desktop, hanging and floor-mounted options. A must-have when it comes to preventing the spread of the virus, sneeze guards are available in pre-configured kits and custom configurations for practically any application and budget. Many sneeze guards feature gaps or cut-outs through which users can pass change, currency or documents.
- Social distancing lanyards: Around-the-neck lanyards displaying safety messages such as, “Please stay size feet away” are another useful tool in your workplace social distancing efforts. Distribute them to all workers and visitors as a reminder to keep a safe distance from others. Social distancing lanyards are an easy and effective way to minimize the spread of the virus and help maintain the good health of all.
Provide peace of mind to your employees and visitors with products to support your workplace social distancing efforts. Shop ID Shop for a wide array of health and safety items for your workplace.